Onion Tomato Raita is a very easy to make side dish for Biryani, Pulao or any spicy Rice variety or Parathas. Also, Onion Tomato Raita is one of the commonly prepared raita varieties.
We can prepare it with ingredients easily available in the kitchen – Onion, Tomato, Green chilli and Coriander. This raita hardly takes any time except for the time taken to finely chop the veggies. Once the chopping is done, mix them with whisked curds, season it with spice powders and salt and your raita is ready in a jiffy.
If you are interested in raita that can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and with nil chopping, do check out my post on Boondi Raita.
Curds – 100 ml
Onion – 1 small sized
Tomato – 1 small sized
Green chilli – 1
Coriander leaves – few (for mixing and garnishing)
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
Jeera or cumin powder – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Prep time – 10 mins
Cook time – 0 mins
Total time – 10 mins
- Rinse onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves and chop them finely.
- Beat the curds well.
- Add the finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Add the red chilli powder, jeera powder and salt. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Biryani or Pulao or Paratha.
- Always use fresh curds for making raitas. Avoid using sour curds as they do not taste well when made into raita.
- You can also add finely chopped pudina/mint leaves for a minty flavor.